Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #5: 13 Things about the apartment I share in NYC

I'm in relationship management sales - this basically means I need to keep the client happy, look for new opportunities to help them, and bring in the right resources to assist at the right time. Because my client is in NYC, I spend a lot of time here. Since moving to Ghent, my 45 minute commute on Metronorth has turned into a 2 hour commute on Amtrak. While I occasionally still do day trips, I have realized that being able to stay overnight in the city - particularly when there's an early meeting or a late night (sometimes the best conversations happen outside the office!) A friend of mine who has a similar situation and I are now sub-letting a "pied de terre" in Murray Hill. Here are thirteen things about our little studio.


Thirteen Things about the apartment I share in NYC


1. I'd never want to live here full time but it surprises me that I could be so happy in an apartment the size of a closet on a regular basis!

2. It's great to be able to walk from the train to the apartment to the client

3. It's even better to have a place to take a nap in the middle of the day!

4. Although there's no view out the window, it's amazingly quiet being over the parking garage. You can barely hear any traffic or sirens.

5. Water pressure in NYC is much better than from our well in Ghent

6. It's much more fun to stay here when my friend is here too....but we get much less sleep despite having shared a bottle of wine and great Thai food

7. Coming to the same place every time, being able to store extra toiletries, shoes and an outfit or two, is really convenient - and WAY better than a different high priced hotel room every time.

8. It's a little unnerving to be in a place with 4 locks on every door

9. I love exploring new restaurants and in NYC - there's so many in walking distance!!

10. Having to go out for coffee every morning is a drag. Time to donate a coffee pot to the cause.

11. Some doormen are friendly, some are not. (Note to self: tip big at Christmas!)

12. I never knew there were so many dogs living in NYC apartments! Best doggie spotting times: 8am, 6pm, 10pm

13. It reminds me that we are blessed to live in Ghent with it's wide open spaces, view of the mountains, and fresh air


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Babystepper

bucknaked

no nonsense girl



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



3 comments:

Carina said...

Sounds like a tiny vacation!


Your additions to my friend's TT were hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Cool list! I agree with you re: wide open spaces. Happy TT.

Kathy said...

babystepper - that TT13 on things I never knew I needed until my mother-in-law gave them to me was possibly the funniest one I ever read

buck naked - your list of shamefully wated tax dollars gets the blood boiling!!