Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gratitude

Young woman standing on beach, arms raised, rear view
Today I am giving thanks to all of you for all you've done to support me through this. Your prayers, light, love and good wishes worked!! I felt the calmest I have felt since diagnosis waking up yesterday morning knowing that it was all going to be over later in the day.

Dr. Troyan said the surgery went as expected, no surprises and that the nodes looked and felt normal. She took two sentinel nodes and the pathology results will be in in seven days or so. She'll call me then to go through them.

I am starting to feel human again after the anesthesia has mostly worn off and already beginning to eat normally! I don't even really need the pain meds and my sisters and husband and nieces and nephews are all pampering me. The pink clothing, notebooks, mens, pencils, hats, wine, journals, folders, jewelry are all around me representing all of you. Today a beautiful fruit basket showed up which we are all devouring. The tips I got from survivor friends and surgeons all helped to prepare me for what I was about to go through and how to ease my recovery. We now own three bags of Peas from CVS that are a cleaner version of using regular frozen peas to numb the area. I'm set with pillows for the car/seatbelt and proudly wearing my button down the front pink clothing.

I meet again with my surgeon/oncologist June 28th when we will map out my course of follow up treatment (likely to be 6 weeks of radiation up in Albany.) Next weekend my sister Karen and I will fly down to Virginia Beach to visit my mom's sisters. Flights and accomodations have all been booked.

Thanks so much for all you did to boost me up and send healing energies through the universe. You are all now listed in my gratitude journal.

5 comments:

Bryan and Diane said...

Hi Kathy!

So wonderful to hear you went through the surgery well. And that's great that the surgeon had no surprises. Sounds like you are in exceptional hands for both your medical and support during recovery - we are inspired by you and David, and send our very, very best.

With love,

Bryan and Diane

millie said...

Wow, Kathy. I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. I had no idea.

I just stole 5 min while eating lunch and saw some silly new wine site and came here to find your email to add to Dominique's and David's thinking you guys would get a chuckle.

Sending you lots of good thoughts for a speedy recovery. xxoomk

Unknown said...

Yay to you girl! Continuing to send you much love and light.

Thinkng of you my friend!

Elaine

Stacey said...

Wonderful news! I appreciated hearing from your family while you were in surgery, but I am SO delighted to hear all of this now from you!!! Thanks SO much for letting us know and take wonderful care! Much love, s

Kathy said...

Thanks Tammy, Bryan, Diane, Millie, Elaine and Stacey! I am better and better every day albeit more tired than usual. I'm not sure who is napping more - me or Islay Bear :-)